Worship at The Crossing
Worship is at the heart of the life of every Church and at The Crossing we express our worshiping life in many ways. In all we do we praise God and proclaim the Good News of his love by following the way of Jesus. We do this as community of Christian disciples, with the help of the Holy Spirit. In our main Sunday service you’ll find a mix of styles and traditions that reflect our Methodist and United Reformed traditions, but we also use newer expressions of worship as well. During the week there is a daily opportunity to pray in our Sanctuary. In the future we plan to explore other, more experimental, forms of worship like a 'Cafe Church' for example.
We welcome people of all ages and try to make 'variety' in worship our watchword - from the traditional to the contemporary. Our Junior Church meets after sharing in the service for a short while and a Creche is available for the very young.
- Morning Worship 10.15am – weekly
- Junior Church 10.15am – weekly
- Evening Worship – Fusion Cafe Church, 1st Sunday of each month, 5.30pm - 7.30pm
- 3rd Sunday of each month, evening worship moves around the circuit.
- creche for the very young runs at the same time.
On the first Sunday of each month (normally) the children and young people stay in for our 'All-Age' worship services.
Morning Prayers 10.30am
We have many special times of worship and of course we remember the life of Jesus as we celebrate the Christian year. We hold special events on these occasions:
- During Advent - Breakfast Bible Studies
- Advent Services
- Carol and Christingle Services
- Christmas Day Worship
- Covenant Service in the New Year
- Watch Night Service, New Years Eve
- Lent Fellwship Meetings
- Ash Wednesday
- Maundy Thursday
- Good Friday
- Easter Day
If you would like to know more about any of the things mentioned here, please contact us or see our weekly notice sheet, always available on The Welcome Desk.